- A web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- High-speed Internet Access
- Sound-enabled device using headphones or speakers
LGL Assessment Requirements
Recommended Operating Systems
- Windows or MacOS on Desktop/Laptop: Latest Version
- Chromebook running Chrome OS: Latest Version
- iPad iOS: Version 10 .x or higher
- iPad 3 or higher
- iPad Air v1 or higher
- iPad Pro all versions
- Not Supported
- Android OS on tablet: Latest Version
- Chrome - latest version
- Safari - latest version
- Firefox - latest version
Recommended Screen Resolution
- Minimum screen resolution: 1366x768
- Sound should be enabled on the computer and be audible to the user
EDGE Instruction Requirements
EDGE in the web browser
EDGE currently works using the Adobe Flash plugin which needs to be enabled in order to work on your web browser. Click here for instructions.
Update: We are aware that FLASH support will be retiring at the end of 2020. We are in the process of converting all EDGE lessons to HTML5 and we anticipate completing all lesson conversions by the end of this year.
EDGE using an app:
LGL Edge lessons are now available on both Android and Apple iOS Platforms for the following devices: Apple iPhones, Android phones, Apple iPads, and Android Tablets. Click Here for Instructions
NETWORK/BANDWIDTH REQUIREMENTS (School/District Use Only)
Overview: Internet bandwith needs are based upon the number of users who are taking assessments concurrently from a site. The initial start-up of assessments uses the most bandwidth. Once students are in the middle of an assessment, bandwidth needs decrease. Network quality must be sufficient to avoid packet loss when multiple computers are assessing students. Generally, modern network equipment less than three years old should be adequate.
Check your bandwith at this site (choose the San Francisco Server): https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
Internet Connection Requirements
- DSL, Cable, Satellite, or WiFi Broadband internet connection
- Internet connection speeds of 1.5M/256K or higher are recommended, though this requirement may vary based on your overall network needs.
Local Area Network Requirements
- LAN, including routers, switches, and network cards, should be 100mBit or greater
- All labs using the assessments must be on switches, not hubs
- Chaining a switch into a single port of another switch is not advised unless both switches have 100mBit capacity and are running at full duplex.
- Any old or unusual network configurations may cause network collisions and result in packet loss. This will make the assessment seem as if it is freezing, when actually packet loss is preventing the data from reaching the computer running the assessment.